Tuesday, August 01, 2006

First Vancouver report

Ok, since the first complaints arrived that there is nothing to read here I will start now with a first report. At Frankfurt Airport I was waiting until this airplane arrived to bring me to Toronto:

In Toronto there was a similar Airplane to bring me to Vancouver. But since this is getting boring now and there was no good place to make a nice picture of it anyway (it was blocked by all sorts of loading ramps and stuff like that) I decided to fly with it without taking a photo.

In Vancouver I took the bus to the house I am living for the next three weeks. No pictures yet because there should be something left in case days are getting boring. ;-)

The first day I was mostly organizing stuff, buying essential things, fetching my car from the car rental company and so on. To see as many places of the city as possible, I decided to walk all the way (with the exception of the car obviously).

I have seen many famous tourist attractions on my way but did not take any photos that day. You may look up these things in any tourist guide book. I can confirm that pictures there are appropriate. When trying to buy some electronic map data for my GPS receiver I failed to do so in any job in Downtown (the staff in some Canadian computer shops is as clueless as in many German computer shops). Finally I found a great equipment store in an industrial area east of Chinatown that had everything in store you could dream of if you do outdoor activities. The guy at the shop was extremely confused about how someone that never was there could find his shop at all.

Since the way I walked that day summed up to about 40km and I was a bit tired because of changing the time zone I decided to call it a day.

Today I started with running along the shore line to the English Bay Park. You can track these activities here.

Then I found something familiar to German people:

Must have been a spy because he was parking near operations center of one of his competitors:

Currently I am sitting here at the Vancouver Public Library to write all these stupid things:

Now I have to do some useful stuff again. Have fun!

No comments: