Wednesday, September 28, 2005

stressed people, fun with debugging, and vaccination against influence

Seems that I have completely recovered from my marathon now. At today's exercise my pulse was again back to normal.

Some other people seem never to recover. You know those always stressed people that tell you everytime when you meet them that they are completely stressed and have absolutely no time for almost anything. My personal thesis is that they could gain much of free time if they omitted always complaining about having no time. One of these stressed guys told me some months ago that he liked to have his identity certified by me to get a cryptographic certificate. After I told him that he just has to come along with his national identity card he wondered whether he could manage to do so. He didn't. Yesterday he requested again to be certified and assured that he will come along today. Seems he again didn't manage it. --- Poor stressed guy...

At our department they worked again at the integration of a log library to our database system to have more fun in debugging the code. I have seen the bunch of macros in the header files of that log library. I'm sure there will be "fun" with debugging after integration of that library but I'm not quite sure whether this is the same type of fun they expected to have...

To support debugging of my personal medical conditions the media in Germany currently propose to do vaccination against influence. As some others counter that this is only recommended for children, old people, and individuals with a specific risk I decided to ask at my doctor's practice whether they recommended this for me. The answer I got was: "We have enough vaccine available." --- Well actually that was not exactly an answer to my question but as they have enough available I decided to get some tomorrow to prevent the critical situation that they have to throw it away unused...

No comments: