Thursday, September 29, 2005

SUSE Linux 10.1 Alpha1 release

Today SUSE Linux 10.1 Alpha1 was released which basically meant I had to play QA a lot. First they did not ship delta images for the ISO images. Obviously I immediately complained. (Complaining is one of my favorite hobbies.) Next thing I noticed was that there is no inst-source tree. But this time I was wrong because they did just hide it in a different directory. So I had to do a deeper inspection to find the next problem and finally succeeded by finding that the inst-source-java tree did not contain Java which is not necessarily a bug but at least quite... uhm... unusual. After complaining again they decided to fix it. To conclude my QA exercises I again complained that public drpmsync is not yet up and running.

Currently I am upgrading my system to the new release. If you don't hear me complaining the next days, something went _really_ terribly wrong...

No comments: