Saturday, November 12, 2005

openSUSE governance

As already mentioned in other blogs Peter Flodin opened an interesting discussion on the opensuse list about "governance". Although in my opinion this is not the most important question in the current situation it is at least more refreshing then the boring KDE vs. Gnome discussion that goes on for too much days now on all SUSE related lists.

The funny thing with all that governance thing is that many people still think that Novell should ask them about how they should do their business. I mean giving an advice is ok but if those people deduce a right to decide about other's business from that, they are somehow brain dead in my opinion (and Pascal seems to have the same opinion).

In my opinion the current issues with openSUSE are not about decisions but about communication and information flow from SUSE staff to the outside world. But I won't go into details here again. If you are actually interested in my opinion on that topic read my mails on the list. I am curious how often I have to repeat this argument before this does actually improve.

No comments: