Thursday, November 03, 2005

still alive and fighting again with the drpmsync server

I am still alive!

Actually the strange package I received today was not a parcel bomb but only some boring contract papers from a company I am involved in. The fact that I did not know the sender was just because I did not receive the documents directly from that company but from another company that sent them on their behalf.

Currently I am again running my specially modified drpmsync client doing some dirty tricks to catch up again with the current SUSE edge distribution because the normal client is still not usable because of the slow server. Thanks to Eberhard's fast server my special hacked up client can fetch some files in parallel from there although his server does not support the drpmsync protocol. If that situation holds on for some longer time it could be useful to clean up this version and publish it.

No comments: