Saturday, October 08, 2005

findings in Nuremberg

Well, I'm back from Nuremberg now where I collected some findings about current SUSE projects at the meeting, SUSE gossip at the party, and non-SUSE facts in town today. Because of the fact that I learned most SUSE related facts yesterday and this is todays rant I will only tell non-SUSE ones.

The first thing I noticed when walking from Langwasser to the city early in the morning was that Nuremberg obviously wants to make their city more interesting by placing trees across public forest tracks.

The next thing I found was that the place and the buildings (at least they that still exist) where the Nazis have held their Reichsparteitag are even larger than you would expect even if you have seen them on a map or in films from or about the Third Reich before.

Then we added some general facts about historic sites within the city to our knowledge by Andreas and Christoph reading from a tour guide they found somewhere in the Internet and Rasmus countered with knowledge he read from some plates at the sites.

After learning so much stuff I was too tired to do my regular 30km run when I reached Mannheim again. Thus this job is still pending, maybe for tomorrow, we'll see...

No comments: