Thursday, October 13, 2005

important bureaucracy to end in itself

Today I was again told that it is vitally important to subscribe to a special list containing all persons at a faculty that intend to do their doctorate. Actually you need this when you finally want to submit your work and because of that most of my colleagues do this extra bureaucratic work when they have to do bureaucratic work for the final submission of the work anyway. Up to this day I am not aware of any advantage I get when I do subscribe now. Actually I even don't know why this list is required anyway.

But administration insists on their thesis that it is vitally important to do so. As a scientist I am used to ask people that claim something for a reason thus I always asked those people why this is assumed to be so important. Until now no of them ever could tell me the reason. Instead they repeat their claim that it is _really_ vitally important.

My current thesis is that there is a secret club somewhere trying to assure that there are always at least 23 persons on this list. Most likely they are just not allowed to tell you why it is so important to have 23 persons on that list because it is important that you do not know about that fact to protect their world domination.

Hmm, I think I should watch this video DVD again I received yesterday to ease the pain...

No comments: